Yoga can improve your balance, your breathing, reduce anxiety, fight off depression, strengthen your core and can help ease chronic pain. Spending just a short time with a cat can calm your nerves and boost your mood. Evidence shows when you spend time with a cat, your production of serotonin, a chemical that boosts feelings of well-being, goes up, and your cortisol levels go down.
At Catmosphere, we’ve combined yoga and cats in one experience for the ultimate physical and mental health boost. You’ll get a cat crazy instructor to guide you through yoga and 10+ cats in our Cat Lounge to help boost your mood.
A Cat Yoga experience includes:
- 45 minutes of yoga amongst the cats
- 15 minutes of pure cat interaction
- An experienced yoga instructor
- Inner peace, probably
Should you forget your yoga mat, we do have some spare.
Book the entire experience for:
- A private Yoga experience with just you and your group (up to 6 people)
Just be sure to select the day/time and tick the “book entire Catmopshere experience” when booking. All the same house rules apply.
- We recommend arrive about 10 minutes before your experience so you’ll be ready to go in as soon as it begins
- Visitors to the Cat Yoga experience must be aged 8-years-old and over as the noise and energy levels of younger children and babies is often too much for our cats
- Before interacting with the cats, make sure you are listening to your host’s brief introduction. There‘s a few house rules, some good advice, and valuable tips that will help you get the most out of your experience. Even if you’ve visited us before, some things (and behaviours) change on a daily basis, so always give us your ears. Just, you know, not literally.
- To ensure the health and happiness for all, cats cannot be picked up by visitors. Some cats don‘t like to be picked up, especially by strangers, while others might not want to be picked up at that moment in time. When cats feel threatened, they can lash out, and it’ll not only stress them out, you may get harmed in the process. Being respectful of the cats and letting them interact on their own terms is a much more successful way of getting some cat love
Your dedicated Cat Yoga Host will give you further rules and advice in regards to the cats and their space when you arrive. Be sure to listen carefully because nobody knows these cats like them and they will set you up for a great experience.
- Children and babies under 8 years old are not permitted into the Cat Lounge and children 12 years old and under must be supervised at all times by a paying parent/guardian
- There is a maximum of 2 children per adult in any one booking to ensure an enjoyable ratio for cats and visitors
- Experiences cannot be rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice and visitors arriving 15 minutes late for their booking will not be allowed to enter, to ensure comfort of cats and other customers. There are no refunds in these instances
- Cat Yoga is in the Cat Lounge located on the first floor and is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible
Please check our FAQs page for more information and rules regarding bookings and visiting Catmosphere. Terms and conditions are defined further in the booking process before submitting payment so be sure to carefully read them.