Our Cat Lounge experience is for people aged 8+ who enjoy a more peaceful environment. Adult cats are generally much calmer and more chill than their kitten counterparts, so the Cat Lounge experience is perfect for those looking to de-stress, connect with cats in a chill, safe space, and ultimately leave with some added zen.
The adult cats in the Cat Lounge are 3-years-old and over.
The cats of Catmosphere, and cats in general, tend to be more active in the morning (10am – 12pm) and later in the evening (5pm onwards). The times between are perfect for those who just want to chill, study in peace, or pull up a laptop and get some work done. These are only general observations though and it’s always best to remember that animals will act however they wish whenever they like and we allow them that freedom.
Make sure to stay up to date with how we’re keeping you safe during your visit.
A Cat Lounge experience includes:
- 50 minutes with adorable rescue cats in the Cat Lounge
- A complimentary soda or hot tea from our standard menu (other drinks can be purchased from our menu at an additional cost)
- A briefing from one of our dedicated hosts who will help you better interact with the cats in their space
Book the entire experience for:
- A private Cat Lounge experience with just you and your group (up to 8 people)
- A discounted price ($180 instead of $192)
Just be sure to select the day/time and tick the “book entire Catmopshere experience” when booking. All the same house rules apply.
Please also note that to ensure our adult/child ratio, only 2 children can be added in one transaction, which unfortunately won’t allow more children in a private experience. So long as the correct adult/child ratio is present on the day, you can bypass this by adding children as adults during the booking process instead.
- When you arrive, you’ll be asked to sanitise your hands and hand sanitser will be made readily available throughout your experience.
- Visitors to the Cat Lounge must be aged 8-years-old and over as the noise and energy levels of younger children and babies is often too much for our cats
- Before interacting with the cats, make sure you are listening to your host’s brief introduction. There‘s a few house rules, some good advice, and valuable tips that will help you get the most out of your experience. Even if you’ve visited us before, some things (and behaviours) change on a daily basis, so always give us your ears. Just, you know, not literally.
- To ensure the health and happiness for all, cats cannot be picked up by visitors. Some cats don‘t like to be picked up, especially by strangers, while others might not want to be picked up at that moment in time. When cats feel threatened, they can lash out, and it’ll not only stress them out, you may get harmed in the process. Being respectful of the cats and letting them interact on their own terms is a much more successful way of getting some cat love.
- Cats won’t always want to interact or play but the majority will enjoy some gentle pats. If you find that a cat is not engaging with you, leave them be and see if any others would like to interact. If you’re unsure how to interact with cats, we have a guide that may help you
- All of us want the life of cats but for health and safety reasons, no climbing or standing on our furniture, and especially not furniture designed for cats. If cats are on high shelves, it just means they want to be out of reach and are resting in a safe space, so please leave them be so they can continue to enjoy their environment
- Cats are very sensitive to loud noises and continuous movement. While we minimise this as much as we can, we encourage visitors to keep noise at a lower level and calmly move through the space. Talking at a normal sound level is OK and, actually, it can be very soothing to the cats
- All phones should be on silent and ensure the flash is off when you’re taking photos
- All drinks are consumed during the experience. They are served with lids and they should remain on at all times to ensure we are complying with council regulations
- Strictly no food can enter the Cat Lounge
- Due to physical distance regulations, visitors must remain seated at all times. This includes whether you are in any of the experiences or in the cafe area
Your dedicated Cat Lounge Host will give you further rules and advice in regards to the cats and their space when you arrive. Be sure to listen carefully because nobody knows these cats like them and they will set you up for a great experience.
This experience takes place in a shared space, unless you have booked it privately.
- Children and babies under 8 years old are not permitted into the Cat Lounge and children 12 years old and under must be supervised at all times by a paying parent/guardian
- There is a maximum of 2 children per adult in any one booking to ensure an enjoyable ratio for cats and visitors. So if you have more than 2 children, they will will need to be in a separate booking with another adult to ensure the ratio is maintained. All bookings can be checked out and paid for at the same time
- Experiences cannot be rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice and visitors arriving halfway through their booking will not be allowed to enter, to ensure comfort of cats and other customers. There are no refunds in these instances
- The Cat Lounge is located on the first floor and is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible
If you are a Companion Card Holder, you can select this option under ‘participants’ when making your booking, and your companion’s visit will be free (with all the same inclusions). Please note that only the person whose photograph and name appear on the card can use the Companion Card. You are required to show your Companion Card when arriving for your booking and if you cannot present your card, you will be charged the full price. The Companion Ticket is not valid unless the cardholder is present.
Please check our FAQs page for more information and rules regarding bookings and visiting Catmosphere. Terms and conditions are defined further in the booking process before submitting payment so be sure to carefully read them.
Our Cat Lounge is livestreamed without sound to our sponsor audience via our website on a password protected page. Please note that these cameras and the livestream may be in operation during your visit with us.